This space is about...my life, my loves, my children, my marriage, being real, keeping things simple, gaining clarity, insights, laughing, struggles, my ideas and my happy thoughts for the day...and me being present to the greatness of my life...thus my life's journey...being and doing love.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Intentionally Loving Myself

So here I am again today, finally journaling again...or blogging, whatever you want to call it. I've been wanting to comeback and sit and just blog and write, I've read other women's blogsites when I get that stolen moment alone in the office to browse at my leisure, but I haven't made space to come and sit intentionally until now. So, my question to myself is "Why don't you do what you know is good for your heart and just love yourself?" That's the million dollar question. Why is it so damn difficult for me just to sit and be with my thoughts and nourish myself, and journal and write. I'm reminded of a passage in a book I pick up every now and then called "Simple Abundance - A daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach, where she says (I'm completely paraphrasing) loving your self does not come naturally. And I guess that does ring true for me as well. It is so much easier taking care of everyone else's needs rather than my own, especially if you(I) have been a people pleaser my whole life. So, I say all that to say...just get over yourself Michelle. Accept what it is and get over it and simply love yourself. Accept and love yourself when you blow it that day and accept and love yourself when you take a deep breath and sit down and do something that is kind and loving to/for yourself. It's all in the journey, it's all just suppose to be in this journey called life, and I am on a path of great discovery and it is becoming so beautiful each and every new day. I love ME! I've been intentionally telling myself "I love you Michelle! You Rock! You are an amazing woman! You are so Loved by God and others! You are/I am important! I am important to GOD!" Wow! just to say all that is a relief, especially because I do believe it! There is so much power in loving myself. So, today, I'm loving myself and journaling, and I'm thanking God for this moment and being very present to it and to me. What a gift, to love myself. How much more powerful will it be when I really get it and walk in it every moment of my day and life....but one moment at a time...and this moment is powerful and loving all at the same time. I love you Michelle...Thank you for this journey.